According to data by Time is Ltd., we found that sales teams’ attention span on clients and external partners are decreasing. Our sales management data is extremely significant for sales leaders, especially when it comes to ensuring their teams are closing deals and account managers are keeping clients!
Managing a sales team across hybrid and remote settings has a unique set of challenges. We’ll dive into our sales study, provide you with sales tips for boosting revenue during this era of economic uncertainty, and show you how to drive sales’ revenue performance using Collaboration Analytics.
Sales Teams Are Spending Only 25% of Their Time with Clients
Our sales performance analysis across Finance, Banking, Tech, and Media industries, found that sales teams are only allocating 25% of their time to clients and external partners! So that means the other 75% of sales teams’ time is spent internally, whether that be meetings, manual admin processes, and more. COOs and CROs should be evaluating how their sales representatives are managing their time in the workplace - and whether it’s geared towards their main goal: generating revenue.
Data-Backed Sales Tips for Optimizing Internal Resources & Increasing Revenue
The human attention span has been decreasing for a long time (notably declining by 25% between 2000 and 2015). Yes, it’s true, humans have shorter attention spans than goldfish.
We have only recently been able to translate this into sales performance and sales numbers.
The data we’ve discovered should concern every leader - and the fact that only 1/3 of the sales people’s time is actually spent selling. Here’s our top sales tips for optimizing sales performance in 2023 and beyond.
Our Quick Sales Tips for Sales Leaders and Revenue Leaders
We highly encourage sales, business, and revenue leaders to analyze:
- Collaboration Activities - the ratio of internal vs. external engagement
- Value to Time Allocation - how much time is being spent with each client
- Resource Management - what resources are allocated to each client
By looking into these three aspects of sales performance and time management distribution, sales leaders can begin to understand what they need to optimize to gear their teams towards revenue generating activities. And this is EXACTLY what we’re working on at Time is Ltd. We’re constantly innovating to give you valuable metrics in easy-to-understand dashboards. We recommend each leader use them monthly to evaluate the efficiency of their team.
A FREE Application for Optics into Sales Team Performance
Do you want to understand if your sales teams are selling to value and how much time they are meeting with external partners? Get the FREE Calendar Analytics app on Google Workspace Marketplace to get a breakdown of:
- A high-level overview with who you meet with most frequently
- Insights on your team members’ collaboration activity
- The number of external partners you’re interacting with
- The number of 1:1 meetings
Advanced Customer Engagement Analytics to Supercharge
Sales leaders are leveraging our Customer Engagement Analytics solution to quickly identify the correlation between company revenue and sales performance. Supercharge your revenue teams with collaboration insights to lower average deal cycle time, increase average deal size, and generate more revenue.
Sales leaders are facing unprecedented challenges in a hybrid and remote work environment. Not to mention businesses experiencing the sharpest decline in employee productivity since 1947. Our sales study finds that sales teams are spending less and less time on clients, and as Forrester points out - shifts to digital engagement makes it imperative for sales leaders to gain comprehensive insight into buyer relationships and engagement activity.
Get in touch at email@example.com to learn how to drive down costs, build highly productive teams, and improve the employee experience.