1. Ease of Adding Editors and Viewers to the Org. Chart
Just like in Google Docs where you can quickly add collaborators to a document, modern org. chart software allows you to seamlessly include colleagues to view or edit the chart.
- Streamlined Invitations: With just a few clicks, you can add team members to view or edit the org. chart. No need to resend updated versions; everyone sees the changes in real-time.
- Role-based Access: You can decide whether a colleague can view, comment, or edit. This means critical structural changes can be limited to top-tier management while allowing other members to view and understand the hierarchy.
2. Creating a Publicly Sharable Link
There's no need to limit the accessibility of your org. chart to just your organization. Similar to Google Docs' “Anyone with the link can view” feature, you can generate a link for your org. chart that can be shared publicly.
- On-the-go Sharing: Whether it's for stakeholders, freelance consultants, or prospective partners, a sharable link can be generated instantly.
- Adjustable Access: You can decide the level of access for this link, whether it's just for viewing, commenting, or editing.
3. Limit Sharing by Domain
While sharing is an asset, unchecked access can pose potential risks. This is why the org. chart software allows you to limit sharing by domain, much like Google Docs.
- Tailored Accessibility: You can limit the accessibility of your org. chart to specific domains. This means only people with emails from the specified domain can access the chart.
- Enhanced Security: It ensures that sensitive company structures are not shared inadvertently with competitors or unrelated third parties.
Benefits of Org. Chart Google Docs Style Sharing
The ease and flexibility of Google Docs style sharing in org. chart software presents myriad benefits:
- Efficiency: Real-time edits and collaboration speed up decision-making processes.
- Transparency: Makes the company's structure accessible to all relevant parties.
- Control: While it promotes sharing, it doesn't compromise on security, allowing you to have granular control over who sees what.
- Engagement: Engage team members, stakeholders, and partners in organizational decisions and strategies.
In conclusion, the Google Docs style sharability in org. chart software is revolutionizing the way organizations share and collaborate on their structural charts. It's not just about visualizing the hierarchy; it's about making it an active tool for communication, decision-making, and strategic planning.